We believe hearing should be monitored throughout the lifespan.
Once a hearing baseline is established, hearing can be effectively monitored, preventive measures can be implemented, and treatment can be prescribed sooner than later if hearing begins to change. Early detection and treatment of hearing loss helps you maintain the hearing that you have left as well as improve treatment outcomes.
What should you expect during your hearing test?
- Review your detailed case history
- Check your ears to make sure they are clear and healthy
- Evaluate the softest sounds you can hear
- Determine how well you understand speech
- Test your eardrum function, outer hair cell function, and acoustic reflexes, as needed